Monday, October 27, 2008

Rat Race 10k

Well, it wasn't the time I was hoping to run, but given the conditions, it was the best I could do. The day started off kind of nasty, I got up and went outside to get the paper and nearly got blown over a couple of times, not good I thought. Around 11:00 it started to rain a little, and from what I heard, at one point it came down pretty hard. The race was at 2:00, so there was still some time for this crud to clear away. By race time, the rain clouds had moved off and there was some intermittent sun but was still very windy. 1st mile in 5:49 last mile in 6:20.. there was a 6:27 and a 6:29 in there when the course went straight into the wind.. I won't know the official time until they post them, my watch says 38:47...at a distance of 6.25 miles. Not totally disappointed but at the same time, thought I could go at least 30 seconds faster.. Never really felt smooth at any point in the race.. legs were heavy and stiff to start. I started feeling better around mile 2, but then the wind hit me, it just sapped any strength I might have had left and I just tried to hold on from that point...

EDIT: Official times posted..

2 comments:

Mel said...

Those are STILL smokin fast times....It has been super windy here too...I would rather have rain than the wind:)

GZ said...

It smells like you got out a bit hot, and had an off day. Sub 38 is in there.