Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10/13/08 - 6 miles, easy run, no HRM, just when on a very easy PE.

10/14/08 - 5 miles, another easy run, 5 x 20s sprints and slightly faster than 5k pace. Leg's felt heavy and not very good turnover.

I'm not looking forward to my urologist appointment today, although it's a neccessary evil to eliminate anything bad happening in the ole bladder. I'm just not excited about anything going in through the out door, ya' know?!? The doctor has explained the procedure in depth and aside from maybe a little bit of burning, the whole thing is virtualy painless and won't take more than a minute...

am) 6 miles, 1 mile very easy ~8:00, 3-1/2 miles at tempo (6:35, 6:31, 6:31, 3:04) 1-1/2 miles warm-down..HR was a little higher than usual on the last 1-1/2 miles @ tempo but was still able to hold pace relatively easy...

2 comments:

GZ said...

Good luck with the urologist. I have heard this bs that this is painless. It might be painless for the doc, but the guys I have talked to have said it is quite the event.

Ward said...

gz - it really wasn't all that bad.. There are two types of cytoscopes they have nowadays.. One is a silver looking rigid type the size of a pencil which I've heard can be quite painfull, then they have a more high-tech scope that is a flexible tube about half the diameter of said pencil, which is the one that was used on me. I have a larger prostrate for someone my size so there was a little bit of discomfort as the cytoscope passed through that section, but only a split second. Once the scope was in the bladder it was more of a slight pressure feeling rather than anything else. The whole thing took less than 30-40 seconds, a cake walk! I got a clean bill of health.