Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week of 8/24 - 8/30: 38 miles all done below MAF HR of 150bpm

MAF test on 8/30/08:

Mile - Time
1 - 7:49
2 - 8:02
3 - 8:18
4 - 8:35

1 mile warm-up and warm-down...

Coming from someone who's use to running ~6:30 - 6:50 miles for a training run. It just feels so unnatural for me to run this slow.. but I have to trust the concept and believe in the end result. I'm still 34 weeks out from Boston, so there's plenty of time for the training to take root and to feel more comfortable at running below my MAF. I anticipate a plateau before too long and then I can at least crank it up a notch.

Speaking of Boston, I made the commitment and registered today. I've qualified several times but never actually made the trip. I have to do it at least once! Now do I drive(~840 miles) or fly out?

No comments: