Saturday, September 27, 2008


Race Report..

Went very well.. Stuck to the game plan and felt good throughout. Controlled and consistant miles through 10, 6:58, 7:00, 6:57, 6:49, 6:53, 7:00, 6:58, 6:57, 6:57, 6:57.. (these 10 felt great, effortless)then took the HR up a bit for the last 5k, 6:42, 6:32, 6:36.. But the funny thing is the last 5k was very easy.. It felt like I could have went 10-15 seconds faster without any problem... Ran with Jon and Mike from start to finish. Very happy with the effort as it wasn't an all out red-line from the start kind of race for me.

There were more hills than I anticipated, but it really wasn't an issue... For an inagural race, it was top notch and well managed. I don't think they'll have any problem selling out again.

Oh yeah.. my time was 1:29:49.

3 comments:

GZ said...

That is a great opening song.

What was the HR looking like here then? Just curious.

And nice race man. Assuming all is in the clear now?

Ward said...

gz - thanks, yes all is clear, but they (urologsit) are still going to perform a couple more test on the bladdder just to be safe.

HR for 1st 10 ranged anywhere from 153 (1st mile) to 162 (mile 10), the last 5k, it took it up to 168 - 170.

MTR said...

What a great race it was. I might have been running alongside you for a while in the earlier miles. My time was 1:34. I was bummed about not hitting my goal of 1:30 but happy about a PR, so....

It was fun and a very well done race.