Saturday, September 20, 2008

Parlor City Trot 10k

I ran almost exactly what I thought I would today.. After my tempo run (well, it was more of a let's see how fast you can run, run) on Tuesday, I determined that right now, a 6:25 - 6:30 pace is about all I can mantain for 10k. My 39:53 today was a reflection of what I ran last Tuesday.. My splits were pretty darn even, 6:22, 6:33 (slight uphill), 6:25, 6:24, 6:18 (slight downhill), 6:32 (rolling) then a 1:17 to finish. Overall very happy with the effort seeing as how I haven't done any speedwork (except the tempo run last Tuesday) for over 2 months. The only "speedwork" I've done are 10-20s pick-ups during my MAF runs twice a week.

The pace today felt good, I never struggled to hold it but at the same time I don't think I could have gone faster without hitting the red line. All is looking well...

1 comment:

GZ said...

Nice work. Good even execution.