Monday, September 8, 2008

Jacob, my youngest son’s birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, the big 4 oh…my. His first day of pre-school is today and I have to admit that it made me smile as well as be sad at the same time. I had to call him and wish him good luck and be a good boy. “Ok daddy..” is all he said. “Be a good boy and remember to pull your pant’s up after you use the bathroom!” He tends to like to walk around with his pants around his ankles after he uses the restroom. So now all three of my boys are in school.. Dylan 1st grade, Adam in Kindergarten and Jacob in Pre-school. I’m sure my wife will appreciate the added peace she gets during this time. Those boys are a handful sometimes (ummm, excuse me, most of the time..) as most of you in the same situation can probably agree. Still, life wouldn’t be same without any of them. They are a gentle reminder of a life without care, one where you don’t have to get up at 5:00 to get ready for the days events, or wonder what kind of stress you’ll encounter during works in’s and out’s. Or having to come home and keep working, whether it’s washing clothes, mowing, help getting dinner ready or doing a few honey-do’s. The biggest thing on there plate is, am I hungry or not…

Still, I’m glad big Jake is growing up and giving Cindy an extra few hours of alone time. I still remember every moment of all my boys being born. In Jacob’s case, he decided to pee all over the doctor before the umbilical cord was even cut, hmmmm.. a sign of the times? Have a good time at school buddy.. before you know it you’ll be chasing girls and have more things on your plate than you know what to do with…

1 comment: