Sunday, September 14, 2008

10.3 miles... Great run today.. I checked the radar early and again after church, and it looked like I would have a window of about an hour to get a run in and although I knew I wouldn't be able to get in the entire run done within an hour, at least I would have part of the run dry. Well, as it would happen, I made it about 5 miles before it started to come down, and down, and down.... Aside from the fact that I was completely wet and my shoes were sloshing with every step, I had a great run. I felt very relaxed and finished as fresh as I started.

2 comments:

GZ said...

I think it was raining on the entire US for everyone's run this AM.

Enjoying watching the MAF results ...

Ward said...

gz- thanks, I actually don't mind the rain so much. It was pretty muggy to start the run so the rain was welcome relief! It's when my shoes get completely soaked is when I have issues. During IMF 2002 it rained the entire last 40k of the bike and the first 5 miles of the run.. Stepping out of the tent in T2 I was in ankle need water. Not a good way to start off the marathon!

This MAF thing seems to be working for me. It kills me to run this slow, but I'm starting to reap some of the rewards now. I hope to have my pace down to ~7:15/m at MAF when I start working with Lucho in November. He's going to coach me through and up until the Boston marathon. I'd like to be able to run around 2:55. I ran a 3:08 back at the end of March so I don't think it's to big of a stretch to get there... thanks for reading..