Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Over the weekend, I ran the Runners on Parade 5k which was supposed to be one of my "A" races for the year. If you've been following my blog, you know that I've had a few set backs over the last 4-5 weeks. I'm still not 100% but in good enough shape to at least try and run a good race. The race started off good, 5:45 first mile, then went downhill from there... I finished in 19:01.. I'm actually not too disappointed with that. (quick note: as I struggled past the 1 mile marker in 5:45, Brian Sell came around me like he wasn't even breathing, effortless..!!)

I'm going to continue to hit the track on Wednesday's and start increasing the weekly mileage again. I'd like to abe able to break 1:23 at the Fort-4-Fitness half marathon in September...

I'm going to continue to try and throw in some strong race efforts from time to time between now and then. Racing, for me, is great tempo work whereas I might not have the motivation during the week to get that type of training run in...

More later...

No comments: