Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hope for the best, expect the worst.....

My run yesterday afternoon went great. I felt surprisingly good after not running for 7 days (the longest break I've had for well over a year). I knew the real test was going to be how I felt when I got up this morning. The verdict..... good! I was able to walk and stretch without any pain.. progress... Now the next test is to string 2 or 3 days together and see how it goes. I probably have to give up on trying to get that 17:30 by race day, but still want to run something around 17:50. Who knows, maybe these next couple of weeks will end up being just what the doctor ordered and it will be just what I needed to jump start the competitive engine again.

Yesterday was my two oldest boys t-ball game. They have such a good time playing and it makes me realize that sometimes, you just can't take yourself too seriously. If you put too much pressure on yourself to perform, then your not having fun.

Dylan, being a clown...


Adam with the good hustle...

No comments: