Monday, May 19, 2008

37:57


It seems like yesterday I was gunning to run a sub 40 minute 10k.. If I look back, I think it was sometime in early December I went 39:25ish to cross that one off the comeback list... I was estatic at the effort and claimed I was on track for better things to come barring injury. Over the weekend, I ran the certified course Warbird 10k in 37:57 in a VERY windy day indeed. I really thought I could go about 30 seconds faster than that, but the brutal headwind I had to deal with for the 1.5 mile finishing stretch was just too much to hold onto the pace I needed. I finished 1st in my AG and 6th place overall... definite progess...

I haven't been posting my weekly mileage for awhile now, but I can say that I haven't slacked any. Weekly totals have been anywhere from 55 - 70 miles per week. I've been putting in regular interval and tempo runs every week now for some time. A sample of some of the speedwork I've been doing is this. 1 mile warm-up then, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1000, 600, 600, 400 with a 200 jog between each. The slowest pace was the 1200 done at 5:38/mile and the fastest was the 400 done at 5:08/mile. There has also been some hillwork done as well from week to week. All other runs are done at MAF or a HR of 146 max which equates to around 7:00 - 7:05/m.

I'm trying to stay consistant in jumping rope to keep me in balance. I don't do it as much as I like, it's just a matter of habit I need to get into.

I have a 12k I'm doing this coming weekend. I ran this race last year in 52:49 which I think is a 7:05/m average. I can safely say that I'll blow that out of the water this year. ciao for now!

No comments: