Monday, March 3, 2008

Training Log 2/25 - 3/2

Monday - 7m, 15 minute warm-up, 10 x 20s strides then warm-down to 7 miles
Tuesday - 6m easy run
Wednesday - 7m, 2m warm-up then 3m @ tempo 6:18/m, 2 mile warm-down. This run felt great!
Thursday - am)5m, pm)8m
Friday - 7m
Saturday - 6m
Sunday - 15m, Great (albeit) slow run with Jon Beasley and Jeff Jones at Foster Park this afternoon. Very slippery and lots of mud in places. Ran the last two miles under 7:00 to finish strong. I almost kept going and went another 5 but decided against it for various reasons. This run only convinces me that it's a go for the ORRC Marathon in another 4 weeks. I'll put in consecutive 20+ milers in the next two weekends then race the Nutra Run on the 22nd and taper from there. I am experimenting with my taper a bit. I think my taper for LCFB marathon was a bit too long so I'm shortenting it up and see how it works.

Weekly Total - 68 miles

The weather this morning was GREAT! Over 50 degrees and sunny.. hopefully it will hold out for this afternoon and I can get out and run on the greenway.

No comments: