Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tapering... AHHHHH!!

9 days to go.... The culmination of basicly 12 months of training will all be over by noon on Sunday, February 17th. People keep asking me if I'm ready and, and yes, I am. I'm ready. Let's go already!!! Like any good Virgo, I've planned ahead and am completely organized.
I've printed out my maps, confirmed my registration at the hotel and in the race, I've got my clothes picked out for whatever race day weather situation holds for me.

I've got a Plan A -- start running 7:10's, at the half take it down to 7:05's after 20 to 7:00 and hold on for dear life... qualify for Boston.

I've got a Plan B -- start running 7:10's, at the half back down to 7:25's after 20 to 7:35 and hold on for dear life, qualify for Boston.

I've got a Plan C -- start running, hold on for dear life, qualify for Boston.

There seems to be a theme in there somewhere..

Whatever happens, I know this — No matter when I cross that line (and I will cross that line this time barring injury or extreme weather) I will have won. I've paid my dues for this one, logging more 20 milers than I have for any other of the 23 marathons I've done. Although it won't be the fastest or the most satisfying of races.. It should be one I can finish strong and not struggle once I get past 20 miles..

I'll blog the results Sunday night if I have any energy left after the 3 hour drive home...

No comments: