Monday, November 12, 2007

Training Log 11/5 - 11/11

Monday - 7m
Tuesday - 5m
Wednesday - 6m
Thursday - 10m
Friday - 7m
Saturday - 0m
Sunday - Decided on a whim to race a local 5K. Jingle Bell run for Arthritis. I had done this race once before about ten years ago and finished about 10 seconds behind Ron Sharp for 2nd place overall in 16:21. This year I wasn't as fortunate... I went 19:34, 14th overall and ended up winning my age group. I was hoping to go about 20-25 seconds faster. The pace of the race felt quite good and I really thought I would be there, but the clock dosen't lie. After the race, I checked my splits, 6:05, 6: 19, 6:21 although they felt faster than that. As long as I keep improving at each race, I'm more than happy. Next race is the Turkey Trot 5K this Saturday. I seriously doubt I'll do better than 19:34 there, but I guess you never know. What my focus is on now is breaking 40 at the JP 10K in 4 weeks, it's gonna be close!

Week Total - 39m

No comments: